No one disputes the delicious flavor of a deep-fried turkey, but stories of house fires and near misses can discourage even the biggest fried turkey fan. Enter the Masterbuilt Butterball indoor turkey fryer, an electric fryer that's so safe it's certified to operate indoors, on your kitchen countertop, any time of year. The Butterball features a one-of-a-kind design that's engineered to keep you safe. Not only do the stainless-steel fryer and porcelain-coated inner pot keep oil safely contained, but it also uses 33 percent less oil than conventional fryers. As a result, you can cook turkeys as large as 14 pounds safely and efficiently, with little threat of oil boiling over the sides.
The stainless-steel fryer looks great in a modern kitchen, as it complements most kitchen appliances and countertop materials. Chefs might even want to leave it on display when it's not in use. For convenience, the Butterball includes a window for turkey monitoring. Simply fold back the lid for easy access and you can watch your turkey cook to a perfect crisp.
The good looks accompany a powerful 1,650-watt electric heating element that heats up the oil in less than 30 minutes. Using the sturdy turkey basket, you can cook a 14-pound turkey in only four minutes per pound--less than an hour of cooking time. Masterbuilt also added a drain clip to the fry basket. With the drain clip, you can hang the basket on the side of the fryer while the turkey drains and cools. The clip makes it easy to move the turkey to a serving platter without making a huge oily mess.
Operating the Butterball couldn't be easier. Simply set the cooking temperature via the user-friendly control panel, then set the built-in digital timer to track the cooking time. A green ready light will come on when the oil is heated and the fryer is ready for use. After you lower the turkey into the oil, the timer will beep to let you know when it's done. The fryer even includes a couple of extra safety controls, including a thermostat control to keep the temperature steady (up to 375 degrees F) and an automatic shutoff function that activates when the cooking temperature gets too high.
The Butterball isn't just for turkeys. You can prepare an endless variety of foods in the fryer--from hot wings and fried fish to corndogs and fries for the kids. You can also fill the fryer with water to steam or even boil your favorite dish. Other options include inviting the whole family over for a large low-country boil, steaming fresh crab legs for two, or even trying your hand at frying desserts like doughnuts, apple turnovers, and fried ice cream.
Additional turkey fryer highlights include a built-in filter to reduce cooking odors, a drain valve for easy cleaning, a hideaway storage compartment, and a space-saving design that takes up minimal space on the counter. The fryer measures 15.7 by 14.2 by 14.6 inches (W x H x D) and carries a 90-day limited warranty.
The stainless-steel fryer is one of three fryers in the Butterball indoor fryer series. Also available are a black-finished fryer with the same capacity as the stainless model and an extra-large fryer that handles turkeys up to 20 pounds.
Editor’s note: The power cord on this model has a hideaway storage compartment that can be tricky to find. Additionally, the control panel is correctly attached when the heating element is positioned inside the inner pot and fully immersed in cooking oil or water during use.
No reviews yet
Herbs and supplements have been used in various forms for literally thousands of years. Ancient tribes have relied heavily upon some of the herbs we still used today to cure a variety of conditions from headaches to stomachaches to treating different types of arthritis. With the introduction of what we now consider modern medicine to the Western World, many of the old practices fell by the wayside as antibiotics and prescription medications began to flood the markets. Now, society seems to be coming full circle and turning back to more natural ways of managing health. With that being said, when you walk into a natural grocer or health food store to look for the right supplements, the shelves are flooded with millions of different bottles and vials all claiming to be the best for you. Navigating the different types of supplements can be dizzying, but once you decide what is really essential for your own health and wellness, purchasing supplements won't be so confusing or overwhelming.
1. Assess Your Health. It is easier to determine what supplements you need when you know what your health goals are. Whether you are deficient in a certain vitamin or mineral, or you want to boost your natural immune system, knowing what you are trying to improve will help narrow down the selection. Look carefully at what you are eating so you know where you may need some added help and a boost in the form of a supplement.
2. Do your research. When it comes to supplements, the FDA doesn't regulate supplements the same way it regulates prescription drugs. This often means that manufacturers can make supplements with outlandish health claims which hold no water. Look for companies that have a long track record of good, quality products to purchase your supplements from so you know you are getting something worth spending money on.
3. Read the labels. It is important to not only read the dosage instructions carefully, but also to read the ingredients so there are no problems with reactions to prescription medications or other supplements. If there is something in the supplement which you are unfamiliar with, ask a pharmacist to explain what an ingredient is and what it does.
4. When in doubt, ask your doctor. It is always a good idea to let your doctor know about any medications you are taking, and this includes supplements. Your doctor can refer you to a nutritionist to help point you in the right direction and get everything you need in order to maintain optimal health without causing potentially serious drug interactions.
5. Have realistic expectations. While supplements are designed to be helpful and boost your body's natural abilities, there is no miracle pill which will cure all of your ailments. There is no fountain of youth in a bottle or magic weight loss pill. Supplements are designed to "supplement" your health, not completely transform your body. Keep this in mind when shopping for the right supplements for your body.
Supplements are a great way to help boost your body's natural abilities and enhance your overall health and well being. While they are a wonderful way to help improve your immune system, balance your nutrients and vitamin consumption, and promote overall health and well-being, it can be confusing to try to select the right supplements for you. By following these tips for choosing the right supplements, you can help to improve your overall health without being overwhelmed by all the options out there.
Home Garden & Outdoors Company